EAPC 2019 – Photography Competition
New images of Palliative Care
Does a photo of hands holding hands truly portray modern palliative care? What image says palliative care to you? In the run up to the Berlin congress, the EAPC is seeking ‘New images of palliative care”. Modern technology means many of us carry a camera in our pockets, and we are asking you to take this opportunity to send in your image that you believe will help to change the conversation about palliative care.
A panel will judge all entries and each of the winners will be awarded a prize. Their photographs will be printed and exhibited at the EAPC World Congress in Berlin. Winners photo’s will also feature on EAPC social media to a ensuring an even bigger international audience beyond the congress.
Entries can be emailed to: email@example.com
Conditions of participation
1) This international Photography Competition is organized by the Local Organising Committee of the EAPC 2019. The theme is "New images of palliative care”. The final selection of the winning images will be made by a judging panel. The legal process is excluded. The judging panel selects what they perceive as the most beautiful motifs and awards prizes. All award winners will receive a message via e-mail.
2) Up to a total of two self-recorded digital photos, in which the participants have unrestricted copyright and usage rights and whose motives do not contradict the legal regulations of the country of origin, legal provisions of the European Union or the personality rights of mapped persons, can be uploaded until 5th May 2019. If possible, the images should be uploaded in full resolution with a maximum file size of 22 megabytes (MB). Permissible file format is .jpg. The photos should contain neither watermark nor signet. Entries: firstname.lastname@example.org
3) The organizer of the competition reserves the right to delete pictures that deviate in any way from the thematic guidelines. No notification of such deletions will be sent.
4) By entering the competition, the participant grants the organizer an irrevocable, simple, unlimited right of use to the uploaded photo (s) for his / her public relations work. This includes the possibility of publication, duplication, reproduction and distribution for the purpose of self-promotion and self-expression. This is done solely in connection with the competition and in the following communication in which the participant has taken part. This permission includes the use of the submitted photos for a) the presentation in exhibitions, b) the publication on the internet and in social networks, c) the inclusion in other publications, also publications by third parties in press reports, d) the preparation of a calendar.
5) By participating, the participant confirms that he is the author of the uploaded images and thus has full rights to use the photos. The participant further confirms that the photos uploaded by him are free of third party rights; in particular, that all identifiable persons depicted agree with the aforementioned uses and that the property rights of third parties are not violated by these uses. The participant releases the organizer against any claims of third parties.
6) The participant agrees that his/her name is mentioned as the author.
7) For the publication of photos under the conditions of publication no fees and no remuneration are paid.
8) By uploading the photos, the participant agrees to the conditions of participation. The legal process is excluded.