Travel Grants IAHPC
The International Association for Hospice and Palliative Care (IAHPC) is pleased to announce it will provide ten (10) scholarships to support the travel of palliative care workers to attend the 16th World Congress of the European Association for Palliative Care. The Congress will take place in Berlin, Germany on May 23-25, 2019.
Applicants from all disciplines are welcome to apply. In order to apply for a traveling scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be current IAHPC members. If you wish to apply and are not an IAHPC member, you may join by clicking here.
- Be current members at the time of the 16th World Congress of the EAPC.
Preference will be given to applicants who:
- Have not received grants from IAHPC in the past 3 years.
- Have been IAHPC active members for two or more consecutive years.
- Whose institution is an IAHPC active member. To see a list of institutional members click here.
- Are living in Lower, Lower-Middle and Upper-Middle income categories as per the World Bank income classification data. To see click here.
- Are dedicated full-time to palliative care in their current work.
- Graduated less than 10 years ago from university.
- Have an accepted abstract for poster / oral presentation. Proof of acceptance is required.
- Describe in their applications long term goals which lead to improvements in any or all of the following areas: service provision; education; availability of and access to medicines; and public policy.
The EAPC will give discounted registration fees to individuals from countries in the Lower- and Lower-middle income categories. Winners of the scholarships will benefit from this discount and can apply the scholarship funds to off-set the cost of their travel and accommodation. Applications from physicians, nurses, psychologists and other disciplines are welcome.
If you wish to apply and are not an IAHPC member, you may join by clicking here.
More detailed information about the application process and the online form are available at the IAHPC website here.
Applicants who submitted abstracts and whose posters are accepted, also need to send to IAHPC the confirmation of the acceptance after they receive it from EAPC in early 2019.
Deadline for applications is December 31, 2018. Results will be announced in early February.
If you need information on how to apply, please contact Genevieve Napier, IAHPC Manager of Programs and Projects at email@example.com.